Monday, July 29, 2013

Tryin To Get My B2S Mojo

Well, that's it, school starts exactly 2 weeks from today, 
2 weeks!!
I have 2 weeks to get my classroom ready, go to meetings, get my classroom ready, plan, and oh yeah... get my classroom ready!?!!
Can you feel my stress level slowly rising?

I think this is the longest it's ever taken me to get my B2S mojo back.
Normally I would have tackled so much on my To Do list,
but this summer, the only things I managed to put on my To Do list have been:
1.  Rest
2.  Relax
3. Recoup
My hubby saw me catching up on Joel Osteen yesterday and said,
"Oh, I see you're gearing up to go back, huh?"
Yes people, it was that kind of year last year.
But luckily, I managed to accomplish everything on my To Do list this summer ;)

One of the first things I always do is my room layout.
I liked my guided reading table near the entrance since it served as my desk area as well.  But it was turning into a catch all, not good for guided reading.
Wow, this is embarrassing,  can't believe I'm posting this picture, but it was the end of the year and I was trying to put stuff away :?




So I  was thinking about switching my library area with my guided reading/ teacher area.

Can I tell you what a pain moving that file cabinet was last year? 

I had to empty all 5 drawers just so that I can move it.  I have some awesome janitors that wouldn't have thought twice about helping me out, but it was the end of the year, and well, you know....

When I go back, I will definitely ask for their help :)



So here is my final plan.
My kids will ask why bother, because I like to move stuff around anyways, 
but everyone needs a good plan, right?

In case you're wondering, I'm using one of my favorite Apps, Good Notes, love it!
I was going to draw all this on paper, but using the markers on my mini iPad was so much fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment