Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Keyboard Practice

How do yo teach Kinders how to use a keyboard?
Two years ago I used the form below. I sent it home before we went to the computer lab so I didn't have to spend as much time showing them where the letters were located.
I also asked my Kinders to do bunny ears with their left hand and press the "d" with their right hand (control+alt, delete). It worked out great, most of my kiddos were able to find all the letters and numbers they needed.
Last year was a little slower because I misplaced this form, but all my students were finally able to log on.




5 comments:

  1. I just found your blog, and I'm so glad I did! My team and I were talking about creating something like this for our kinders. I can't wait to share this with my team!


    Mrs. Krull
    Of Primary Importance

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea! I was wanting to make it for my kiddos but was having a hard time finding a clip art pic of a keyboard that was kinder friendly. Where did you find it?

    Erica

    erica_crowder0612@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be honest, I can't remember, either I got it from my school or clip art I googled.
    :) Libby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really great find! As for sending this paper home, did you have the kiddos bring it back signed or did you just hope they were practicing at home just like you were practicing in class? Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for shating, I love it for my students since they will be using the same password and username for all computer programs. I am unable to edit thought. How can I edit the worksheet?

    ReplyDelete