Monday, June 6, 2011

Desks vs. Tables

Joining the Linky at Ladybug's Teacher Files .  And for me, the winner is definitely....TABLES!!  Well, for Kinder anyways.
When I taught first and second grade, it was really important for students to be responsible for their own materials.

Kinders at our school have tables.  And I have to say, I'm definitely sold.  When I switch classes for ELD or other content areas, it's so much easier to manage students at four tables than 20 individual desks.



Each table has a table leader.  They're responsible for placing baskets on the tables and putting them away at the end of the day.  They'll also help me pass out papers and activity books


Red and yellow baskets (go Trojans!) house book bags, journals, and miscellaneous books.  Crayons, pencils, erasers, and scissors are community property.  


1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for linking up! I LOVE your tabletop organization!
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete