Tuesday, November 15, 2011

1st Trimester Assesssments


This is the last week of the trimester, so we're busy assessing.
I had posted about ABC assessments here,
but I tweaked the student graph.

As I finished assessing each student on their letter I.D., I marked unknown letters and had students color letters identified correctly yellow.  I asked students if they saw more yellow squares or more white squares.
Students realized the more yellow they saw, the closer they were to reaching their goal.
My students were so excited to see so many yellow squares.
I was so excited when I had students come up to me and tell me how they're getting closer to their goals.
It's super to see students taking responsibility for their learning.

My Goals ABC

Mis Metas ABC

(Please note word:  aprenderé has an accent, Ññ have tildes)

I made a binder with a tab for each of my students so they can place their goal sheets.
We'll be working on goals for numbers and high frequency words also.
Goals Cover Sheet
Metas Coversheet

No comments:

Post a Comment